Thursday, July 22, 2010

Stopped dead in my tracks

A caterpillar does everything right in a relatively short period of time. Everything right means it is extremely focused on ingesting an incredible bulk of nutrition. It doesn't however become religious about its activity.....It knows when to stop! It then finds a tree to hang off of and starts to build a cocoon. It then encases itself and becomes unproductive...or that's how we look at life and activity... We think stopping is a bad thing..

There are times of change that need to take place in our lives. These times call for a forced rest and a cessation of prior activities. I am experiencing this kind of cocoon time in my life...In truth more is happening in this cocoon then in my previous business...It is just hidden from plain view. Of course we know that a beautiful creature will emerge from the caterpillar's cocoon... Well I'm not a caterpillar but I know that the Lord will do a good work in me and bring a radical transformation. I was inspired by Rachel Fowler and Rachel Richardson today and it led me to think.....

4 comments:

  1. Well, I am not too sure what to say. I decided to come on over and visit you and BAM.. My name is in your post? lol...
    My personal transformation is coming... it just seems as if it is one of those LOOOOONG processes. I'm not sure how something I said said led you to think... but, if it helped in any way- then I am glad that God can use someone like me to touch anyone with your stature in Christ.
    Respectfully Yours... (Ok, that part is a joke... I mean, I'm respectful but at the same time... I'd rather just run up to you and give you a squeeze!! OOPS- never mind- I wouldn't run... maybe a brisk walk??)
    Love you Pastor Ray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post honey! It is encouraging to know that the most beautiful things happen and are hidden from sight! Reminds me that we walk by faith not by sight! One day, the beauty within will be revealed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t think stopping is a bad thing either Ray. Re-evaluating is always good and brings things into prospective. I love the cocoon analogy. The cocoon appears to be still and not even attractive or appealing but when the time is right, the beautiful butterfly emerges, like you said! Not only is it beautiful but it can fly! I pray that you (and your business) will soar like the eagles Ray, as the Word says about “those that wait upon the Lord”!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WRITE SOMETHING!!!!!!!!! I WANNA HEAR WHAT YOU'RE THINKING!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete